Why Do I Need AC Maintenance Now?
An air conditioner (AC), just like a car, needs regular maintenance and service to run efficiently. At Central City Heating & Air Conditioning, we recommend getting your air conditioning unit serviced and cleaned at least once a year. The optimum time is in the spring to ensure your system will run with the most efficiency during the hottest summer months. You need to be able to rely on your air conditioner for your comfort here in Kingston.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
The short answer is it saves you money!
Your air conditioner collects dust and dirt continuously as it sits throughout the year here in Tennessee, not only in the months when it’s running. Though this tiny debris may not seem harmful, when it accumulates throughout the year, it can make its way into the cracks and crevices of your unit, as well as everywhere else. This creates gunk and wreaks havoc on the different parts involved in the cooling process.
When this happens, parts break down much sooner than expected and can add up to costly repairs. It also decreases the life expectancy of your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, forcing you to purchase a new air conditioner much sooner than you may have planned.
Regular air conditioning maintenance also supports your system’s energy efficiency. Simple acts you can perform yourself, like replacing a dirty and clogged air filter, can reduce your energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent, according to the US Department of Energy (DOE).
This translates to you spending less money on your utility bills. Professional and DIY maintenance alleviates higher bills and keeps your air conditioner working at its manufacturer’s intended efficiency.
Even if you are fastidious with doing your own regular home maintenance, you should always have your unit cleaned and checked in the spring by one of our professionals (if not more throughout the year).
There are many tasks only a professional technician is trained and certified to perform. Neglecting these professional tasks constitutes poor maintenance and will negatively affect your system in the long run. Again, costing you money. This may also void your system’s manufacturer warranty.
What Can I Expect My Technician to Do During My Regular Maintenance?
Here’s a brief overview of what our knowledgeable and experienced technicians do during your air conditioning maintenance appointment:
• Clean and inspect condenser coil.
• Inspect evaporator coil if accessible.
• Inspect blower components for proper operation
• Inspect internal parts for wear or other damage, which may not be easily noticed. If your air conditioner continues to run with damaged parts or areas, your system will eventually fail.
• Clean and check condensate drain, treat to reduce potential for blockages or mold buildup. Backups can cause water damage to equipment.
• Tighten electrical connections. Loose connections can cause incorrect operations.
• Check current coolant level.
• Check system controls to be sure all works correctly and safely.
• Provide you with a summary of work performed and share any findings regarding needed repairs or upgrades, as well as maintenance you can perform yourself between maintenance visits.
Schedule Your Maintenance Today
Don’t delay in scheduling your air conditioner maintenance here in Kingston, TN, with our Central City Heating & Air Conditioning professionals. With spring now here, our calendar is quickly filling. Call us at 865-717-9191 or request service online today to be sure your maintenance is done before you need to use your air conditioning this year!